Monday, July 23, 2007

Haul 2 Electric Boogaloo

Today was the start of Burger King's The Simpsons Movie promotion. In the last few weeks this chain of quick service restaurants has given me toys of the Silver Surfer and Optimus Prime yet I was more excited about America's favorite yellow clan for some reason. It's been quite awhile since I've bought any Simpsons merch. I think the way Playmates' World of Springfield line concludled left a bad taste in my mouth. I love Burger King's character selection, not to mention the fact that they talk. Not bad for a giveaway. I think they're nicer than McFarlane's current action "dioramas".

The first Burger King I went to didn't have them. When I reached one that did they were pricier than I expected. I've found that there's no consistent price amongst restaurants for buying the toy separately. Not wanting to spend too much on something that's usually free I had to choose between Lisa, Wiggum and Krusty. My first instinct was to leave Lisa but I figured I should probably buy her since she's a family member. So I left poor Clancy instead. Forgive the crappy cell phone pics.


I also picked up the first series of Toynami's Bleach action figures. I've been drooling over these since I first saw pics at the beginning of the year. I have to say Toynami hit the ball out of the park with these. I had some minor quibbles with the Ichigo prototype but the final product has assuaged my concerns. He comes with his first zanpakutō and both come with display bases. Rukia comes with Kon, two sets of interchangeable hands (including one with her glove), and most awesome of all her sketcbook - complete with her little drawings perfectly replicated in a tiny scale! Series two cannot come soon enough. Must have Orihime...



This will be my last post for the next few days. The internet has been insufferably slow lately and I finally realized why. The San Diego Comic Con is this weekend and everyone is saving their news until then. I'm not going myself but I'll definitely be glued to my monitor ready to comment on all the tantalizing details.

No comments: