Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ballad of Bauer



These are commercials for 24 season six DVDs for sale in Japan. The main difference between 24 in the U.S. and Japan? Jack Bauer has his own rockin' theme song. Here is the translation of the lyrics. Be warned though, Jack Bauer may a crybaby but he is pissed easily.

I am Jack Bauer
Always in danger
I am Jack Bauer
I never die
I am Jack Bauer
I get pissed easily
I am Jack Bauer
I am actually a crybaby…

I am Jack Bauer
To the guys who don’t confess
I am Jack Bauer
I yell at them from really close

I am Jack Bauer
24th is 24’s day
I am Jack Bauer
Let’s go to a rental video place

The YouTube clip two commercials so there's a pause in the middle before it breaks into the second song. It has different lyrics from the first. Jack Bauer might be the nation's last hope against terrorism but he is still weak for his daughter.

I am Jack Bauer
I don’t take orders from anyone
I am Jack Bauer
And I drag everyone along
I am Jack Bauer
I am good with dealing with danger
I am Jack Bauer
Weak for my daughter

I am Jack Bauer
I am an immortal man
I am Jack Bauer
Sometimes I pass out
I am Jack Bauer
My phone bill is crazy
I am Jack Bauer
But my job pays for it

No comments: