Thursday, August 9, 2007

I have the Spider-Pig theme stuck in my head.

  • Does anyone remember the British comedy series Trigger Happy TV? It aired on Comedy Central in the U.S. for awhile. It was excellent at organizing very elaborate pranks on on normal unsuspecting people while recognizing the inherent hilarity of actors wearing animal suits.



  • New details on Petit Eva ~Evangelion@School~ have emerged. As expected it's an entirely new series that uses the original Evangelion characters and puts them in very different and much cuter situations. It's essentially a school comedy with Gendo as principal, Misato as a teacher, and oddly enough EVA-01 as a stereotypical bully. Rei is three different characters; her classic self, her "happy" self from episode 26, and her younger self from episode 21. Strangest of all is the ill-fated U.S. funded mecha Jet Alone who is reimagined as a shy school girl. Yikes. I am so looking froward to this.
  • Never mind the aging archaeologist in the center of this picture. Focus on the bearded gentleman on the right. It seems Mr. George Lucas has eschewed his beloved flannel for a t-shirt, but that's not just any t-shirt. He's actually wearing a "Han Shot First" T-shirt. The sound you are now hearing is the universe imploding in on itself.
  • Normally I would be all over this ultimate Blade Runner collection like dipping sauce on McNuggets. But I've been clearing out space for my DVD collection (I'd be done already if I wasn't so lazy) and I realize I need to do what I can to conserve shelf space. I don't know if I have the room for a metal attache case and the myriad of goodies that come within. Still this collection is the only way to get the fifth disc which contains an early workprint version of the film. I've read it is drastically different from the completed versions and I would very much like to watch it.

No comments: