Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Time to Revisit Your Fear of Ventriloquist Dummies

Goosebumps is coming to Cartoon Network on October 1st. Unlike the rest of the internet I'm not going rage about how Cartoon Network is airing live action programming in a lame attempt to emulate Nickelodeon and Disney Channel. I'm not even going to comment on the irony that Carton Network decided to air a decade old live action show from the mid-Nineties yet they seem to ignore so much of their massive animation library and its generations of fans. (Man there's a lot of passive aggression in this paragraph.) I'm jut going to relish the opportunity to revisit a show I enjoyed from my youth. I barely remember the show so I have no idea if it's aged well. My expectations are low but I'm willing to give it a shot.



You have to hand it to Cartoon Network though. They put together a really slick commercial. It's very reminiscent of the Grindhouse trailers, which might not be a coincidence.

I went to Target today. They have their Halloween display up which is as impressive as ever. They were selling Goosebumps DVDs for about five dollars. I would have bought one but I didn't recognize any of the stories. One of the DVDs uses the artwork for Monster Blood but the DVD didn't feature the Monster Blood episode. (Or even the episode with Monster Blood on a plane.) I'll just wait for the series to premiere on Cartoon Network. Free nostalgia is the best kind of nostalgia.

Incidentally Target's Halloween theme for this year revolves around the new Nicktoon show Edgar & Ellen, based on the book series. I remember the year Goosebumps was Target's Halloween theme. That year was awesome.

No comments: