Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Road Map of Pain

The long fabled Alien slash Predator hybrid creature (or "Predalien" in layman's' terms) has made its long awaited debut. Scroll down to the bottom of the post to see a picture, if you don't mind the spoiler.

Every time at around this year I start watching a lot of horror and monster movies. If you can't figure out why I recommend consulting your calendar. I watch movies throughout the month but mostly within this past weekend. Included in my sporadic marathon is a trio of Godzilla films that I was planning on reviewing for the blog. Unfortunately the unending length of the review and my unending procrastination don't quite gel. However now that I've mentioned it I'm obligated to post it eventually. Hopefully I'll get it done before All Hollow's Eve.

I've watched a lot of movies besides the Godzilla movies; too many to list here. I will mention a few. First Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein is terribly overrated, mostly because of Abbot and Costello. The quips are forced and you can usually see them coming a mile away. I'm not sure which one is Abbot and which one is Costello but one isn't that funny and the other contributes nothing in addition to being unlikable. Another one of the movies I watched was The Frighteners. I've seen it before but now I've changed my opinion of it. It is not a good movie. It's a friggin' great movie. I can't tell if Jeffery Combs' character is terrible or brilliant. Either way he's awesome in it. I need to get the DVD.

Speaking of the ol' digital versatile disc, Spider-Man 3 comes out on DVD on Tuesday. I have no idea which store exclusive version I will be buying. Target has a three disc set but the third disc sounds lame with a bunch of YouTube-esque clips of people playing with Spider-Man toys. Wal-Mart's bonus disc sounds more interesting but it only comes with the single disc edition of the movie. Ditto Circuit City's free soundtrack which is a good deal otherwise. Best Buy will have masks and a trick or treat bag which is appropriate considering the timing. Suncoast and f.y.e will have three different ten inch figures. If I could I'd buy them all.

FYI live action Hollywood adaptations of Akira and Ikki-Tousen are in the works. The former sounds like a bad idea. The latter is undoubtedly a bad idea.

Here's that promised spoiler. As excepted he has his mother's (or is it father's?) hair.

No comments: