Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ms. Briefs

Via IGN. I've never heard of Camila Sodi before so I can't really pass judgement on this casting decision. It's not like they were going to find an actress with naturally green hair. Although one wonders what color her hair will be in the movie. It doesn't hurt that she's easy on the eyes, which is my awkward antiquated way of saying she's attractive. As of right now this latest bit of news doesn't bother me.

Neither does James Marsters as Piccolo for that matter. Granted they could cast him as Oolong and I would think it was awesome. For what it's worth I think he'll be fine as Piccolo. Chatwin as Goku is more troubling. I hope the studio knows that Goku is a jovial, simple minded but light hearted individual. He's not some conflicted mopey white boy. Interestingly Cinema Blend has character details for Chi-Chi, whom is described as Asian. So I guess it's okay to cast non-whites just as long as they're not the main character.

It's just baffling to me that this movie is actually being made. The live action adaptations of Akira, Astro Boy, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, and Blood The Last Vampire are all stuck in development hell and Dragonball get fast tracked for this August? I should mention that Speed Racer will beat Dragonball to theatres by three months. You can't expect to beat Speed Racer though. He's a demon on wheels.

No comments: