Saturday, December 22, 2007

December Haulin'

I know, I know, now is not the time to be purchasing items for yourself. Traditionally I've avoided buying anything for myself in the year's final months, and occasionally regretted it. With stores currently discounting merchandise and restocking daily I've found myself caving in to temptation. Some of these deals were simply too good to pass up. The Invisible Woman figure is even a bit of a personal triumph as I've only ever found a toy of the character once before and reluctantly passed it up. Now I can set my sights on related products.

I have to admit I'm ambivalent about the Dawn figure. It's been a long time since I've made any kind of of Pokemon related purchase. However Dawn, besides being the first brand new human character produced for the line in years, is also a store exclusive short-packed female character. If I didn't buy her then, I would never see her again. What made the decision a little more difficult is the figure's maligned packaging and sloppy paint apps. Plus being a new figure, I had to pay full price. Short-packed exclusives don't hit clearance. On the upside; Buneary!

No comments: