Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Subtitle Fatigue

A teaser poster for the G.I. Joe movie has been revealed. The poster shows the team leader Duke, as well as officially revealing the film's full title as G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra. Why? Granted that's not nearly the worst subtitle I've heard this month but it still seems unnecessary. I think the studios are too intent on making the film seem like one chapter in an ongoing epic. They're already banking on having sequels when they're still working on the first film. Well I guess it worked out for Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.

A Netherlands blog called Film1 has pictures of other G.I. Joe posters featuring Snake Eyes and Baroness. Based on the pics we've seen so far, these two are the best looking characters in the movie so it's not too surprising they'd spotlight them.

The same blog also a pic of the movie poster for Dragonball. The posters consists mostly the same press images and logo that have been leaked before. We do get what I think is the first look at Mai. Still no Piccolo though. Now the poster says "The Legend Comes to Life" which I'm really hoping is just a tagline and not actually part of the title. You know how I'd feel about that.

No comments: