Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Memories of Anime Expo

The above is a picture of the line to get into the exhibit hall at this year's Anime Expo. It seemed like a relatively short line but I already had my badge and we got there at a good time. It wasn't until we got closer to the entrance that I noticed there were actually two parallel lines that were quite long. Anime Expo went quite smoothly although it got pretty rough once we left the convention premises. I got lost but hey that's my fault.

I do think the con was negatively affected by the current state of the anime industry. The only studios with large booths were Bandai Entertainment and Funimation. Manga companies, Viz and Tokyopop, didn't even have booths. Plus there wasn't that much swag to be had. Tomorrow I'm going to the San Diego Comic Con so I'm prepping myself for another overload of excitement and exhaustion. But never mind all that, here are some cosplayers! Click on the pictures to embiggen the image.

No comments: