Monday, October 6, 2008

I Can (Not) Wait


The Japanese website for Neon Genesis Evangelion has updated with new information on the next installment in their Rebuild of Evangelion series. Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance will be released in theatres in Japan next summer. It's the sequel to Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone which was released in September of last year. Clearly Gainax is no hurry to wrap things up.

The website isn't of much use if you don't speak Japanese but it does provide us with the poster. It's similar to the first film's poster but it adds Asuka at the top and most interestingly, an all new character seen in the lower right-hand corner. Her face is obscured but she's a clear indication that Rebuild of Evangelion will be going in a new direction.

BTW there's still no word of any of the new Evangelion movies being acquired for North American distribution. Considering the built-in fanbase these movies have, I'm assuming Gainax is asking for a hefty licensing fee.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

I barely just noticed the new character after you pointed that out. I checked out the site myself and am lost in translation. I'm guessing their will be possibly something new from the poster and they will use the same poster for each movie. I wonder if the new character was there all along...hm...photoshop time!