Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Plethora of Bullet Points

How about a throwback to the far off days of 2007 with a blog entry using my earlier, more erratic writing style. It's AFOS Classic.

  • I’ve created a mathematical chart as a reference guide for the filmmakers of the live action Dragon Ball movie. I hope it will be of use to them. You can view it here.

  • Wizkids the producers of the popular miniatures game HeroClix, among others, have ceased operations. I’m not a table top gamer but I do own a few HeroClix pieces I got as promotional freebies and I think they’re neat. I empathize with the game’s fanbase. I can’t imagine what it’d be like to have an interest you invested a lot of time and money into come to an abrupt end. That’s not what’s supposed to happen. Hobbies are only supposed to end when you’ve been driven to poverty or insanity. Whichever comes first.

  • Six new Watchmen character posters were revealed today at six different websites. You can see the Comedian at the LA Times, Ozymandias at Wired, Rorschach at USA Today, Nite-Owl at Access Hollywood, Silk Spectre at MTV, and Doctor Manhattan at Entertainment Weekly. Nice move MTV on being the only site to impose their logo on the poster.

  • There are Simpsons toys at Burger King. Again. These look to be the simplest ones yet, not that that's a bad thing.

  • The new look for Asuka’s Evangelion Unit has been revealed for the Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance movie. The only significant difference I can see in the pic is the addition of a horned crest at the top of its head.

  • Takara and Disney have teamed up for a special Transformers action figure in Japan. It’s strange in concept but fantastic in execution. It’s a cartoonish stylized Optimus Prime complete with mouse ears and a Mickey pilot.

  • Joe Johnston has been named the director of First Avenger: Captain America. I'm still not crazy about that title but I'm pleased about this announcement nonetheless. Joe Johnston directed The Rocketeer which besides being an excellent movie, is also the closest thing to a Captain America movie we have and that's including the already existing Captain America movie.

No comments: