Monday, January 5, 2009

Why Wasn't I Told About This? Who's In Charge?


Sad news. Veteran actor Pat Hingle passed away two days ago. I'll always remember him as Commissioner Gordon in Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher's Batman films. He was the only other actor besides Michael Gough to appear in all four movies.

I'm sorry to turn this into a fanboy rant, but he was really under utilized in the Schumacher's sequels. Was he in Batman & Robin at all other than the scene where Poison Ivy uses her pheromones to dupe him?

Still I liked Hingle's depiction of the character's loyalty to Batman in Batman Returns, and I find his role in Batman to be nicely quotable. "He gave us the signal." He'll be missed.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

Eckhardt sir.

He will be greatly missed for many memorable quotes and his movie roles. He was also in Muppets from Space?