Friday, April 17, 2009

End of the Week Roundup

  • This is the best thing I've read in possibly ever. I hope the author posts more later. Some of the commentators mention they would buy a book of such content and so would I. I would love to attempt something similar but I'm not sure I have the right figures and I know I can't pull off the same level of quality photography.


  • The long awaited G.I. Joe Resolute miniseries has finally made its debut. It's really entertaining. So much so that it seems like it'll easily outshine the live action movie. You can watch episodes one and two by clicking on this link. [adult swim] will add more videos to their website throughout the week. The full length program will air on Saturday, April 25th.


  • Speaking of [adult swim], the network will be premiering two new episodes of Bleach tomorrow night. It's the start of the Arrancar story arc. The previous filler story arc wrapped up last week. Now we're finally back to the stories based on Tite Kubo's original manga. That's exciting in of itself but now there will be twice as many episodes a week. It's a great thing considering how far the U.S. broadcasts have fallen behind the Japanese.


  • In Burbank last Tuesday Warner Bros. unveiled a new mural dedicated to their animated characters. I find the strange character selection really fascinating. The mural features many DC superheroes but from very different source material including Batman: The Brave & the Bold, Teen Titans, the recent different straight to DVD movies, and Batman: The Animated Series. They also squeeze in some Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo.

No comments: