Monday, August 10, 2009

My Kingdom For A Sackboy

Impact International has acquired the license to produce toys for Little Big Planet to sell throughout several countries in Europe and the Middle East. That's great and all but I don't live in Europe or the Middle East. Mezco had the license for Little Big Planet in North America. They even announced a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive but they canceled the entire line before the convention even happened. I don't know what happened there or if even Mezco has even said anything more about the situation. Regardless I am denied a Sackboy.


I'm a little worried about Mezco right now. They lost the Little Big Planet license. More recently they've lost the licenses to Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th to NECA. What do they have left? Halloween 2? They've got Hellboy but I don't know how much of an audience there is for Hellboy over a year after the last movie with no sequel on the immediate horizon. Can they sustain themselves on Living Dead Dolls? (Incidentally I've always liked Living Dead Dolls but I've never bought any. The image of masculinity I project is questionable enough as it is.) Here's hoping they have some interesting new acquisitions at next year's Toy Fair.

1 comment: