Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sayonara 2009

Well another year has come to a close. I've seen retrospectives for the last decade but my memory doesn't go back that far back. So what happened in 2009?

Barack Obama was officially sworn in as President. I celebrated in my own way.

The Watchmen movie was released to much geek hoopla. The theatrical cut left me a bit wanting but I have the Director's Cut now, I just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. BTW I've got Blu-ray players now. 2009 was also the year Blu-ray really caught on with the public.

I went to another Anime Expo. Saw many cosplayers. I went to another Comic-Con. Saw many lines. Won a toaster.

The PS3 got smaller. Battlestar Galactica ended. The Phantom Menace turned ten years old. So did the Dreamcast.

The Power Rangers were canceled. Then they weren't. Then they returned to the old school.

Disney bought Marvel. Nickelodeon bought the Ninja Turtles.

And the twelve days of Christmas were celebrated albeit a bit early.

See you next year!

No comments: