Thursday, January 28, 2010

Talking Softball

  • Bandai Entertainment has licensed The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2. They have one of their ASOS Brigade videos up on YouTube heralding the announcement, sort of. I knew the girl playing Haruhi, at least I think I might have.

  • Universal is re-releasing the complete Battlestar Galactica on Blu-ray on April 6th. The new set will include The Plan and both the broadcast and DTV versions of Razor. It will retail for $299, which is $50 cheaper than the first boxset. So you'd be paying less and be getting more. I haven't even mentioned the best part yet. The new set will come packaged in standard Blu-ray cases, as opposed to the folded cardboard packaging of the first set. Sometimes it pays to wait.

  • Special effects & collectibles company, Weta will be making collectibles based on the film District 9 for which they also did the special effects for. Makes sense to me. You can read the announcement here. There's no substantial details but based on Weta's track record I expect there will be statues and prop replicas. If Weta's license doesn't include toys then I hope it's only a matter of time before another company picks up the slack.
  • Apparently Guy Ritchie is off the Lobo movie. He'll be making a sequel to his Sherlock Holmes instead. Is there some reason why the studio simply can't delay the Lobo movie until Ritchie's schedule is clear? Not that I'm complaining as I don't really care one way or the other, it's just strange.

  • Sorry for the complete lack of softball talk in this post. "Homer at the Bat" is on TV as I type this. Ken Griffey Jr. suffering from gigantism never stops being funny.

1 comment:

The Mandie Char Chars said...

Hey check it out it's the softball song.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhNfRsVPqv4&feature=related