Saturday, July 3, 2010

Back from Anime Expo '10


I went to Anime Expo again this year. As usual it was tiring but I had a good time. I saw Yui Horie, just not up close. I saw blogger turned multimedia mogul Danny Choo. I caught a screening of ICE which was lovingly indecipherable and ridiculous like a throwback to awful '80s OVA. I saw a lot of cosplayers. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I bought some cool stuff. I'll be posting haul pics eventually.


I attended Aniplex's panel where they announced they were releasing Durarara to North America. The number of new license announcements this year is way up from recent years. I won't list them all but the one I'm interested in are the K-On! from Bandai, a remastered edition of Utena from Nozomi and the Trigun movie and continuations of Hellsing Ultimate and Black Lagoon from Funimation. Plus now that Geneon merged with Universal they're licensing series to North America again. Funimation has picked up the licenses for a number of Geneon USA's remaining titles that were stuck in limbo including Tenchi Muyo Armitage, and Texhnolyze. For the first time in awhile I'm feeling pretty positive about the industry.

No comments: