Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Random Points

  • San Diego Comic-Con begins tonight with preview night. There's usually some ineresting bits revealed during preview night and of course I'll be on the internet looking for those bits. The first full day of the con is tomorrow.

  • Chun Li, Trish from Devil May Cry, Doctor Doom and the Super Skrull have been confirmed as playable characters in Marvel vs Capcom 3. There's a MvC3 panel at Comic-Con on Friday where one hopes they reveal more new characters for the game.

  • In case you missed it I updated the post about Iron Man 2on DVD and Blu-ray with the coverart for the two disc DVD set and Target exclusive Blu-ray. It's unknown what type of packaging the Target exclusive uses, but it's not a steelbook. If you want an Iron Man 2 Blu-ray steelbook you'll have to head to Future Shop in Canada.

  • Fox officially announced the Alien Anthology for release on October 26th. The packaging differs from the concept art I posted in April but I think the finalized version looks even better. The set contains Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien Resurrection. It's loaded with new extras as well as material from the previous Alien Legacy and Alien Quadrilogy have been ported over. There's even the complete version of "Wreckage and Rage: Making Alien 3", the documentary that was edited for the previous release. It show the difficulty director David Fincher had with Fox over that film that led to Fincher effectively disowning it.

  • I saw Inception the other day. I thought it was quite good, but considering the way it's stuck with me, it's even more effective than I gave it credit for.

  • I've caught up with all the shows I've been saving on my DVR except Naruto Shippuden which I'm far too behind in. I did marathon the rest of Bleach including Ichigo's fight with Grimmjow Jaggerjaques. (What an awesome name.) I tell you it's shameful how emotionally involved I can get with Bleach. I can't wait for the new episodes to premiere on [adult swim] on August 28th.

  • Another series I want to see back on the air is Naoki Urasawa's Monster. Syfy pulled the series with four episodes left to go of this 74 episode series. I've watched it from the beginning and I'll be ticked if it never concludes its run.

  • The fifth series finale of Doctor Who air on BBC America on Saturday. I dug last week's episode. I sensed the secret of the Pandorica coming but I didn't quite get the details correct. The actual reveal was fantastic. I can't wait to see how it pans out.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

So, caught up with Brotherhood?