Sunday, November 21, 2010

Carl's Jr. Chicken Tenders

Food week continues with the new Chicken Tenders available at Carl's Jr. This is a relatively new menu item, particularly for this slow paced blog. Carl's Jr. sells their new Chicken Tenders in either three or five pieces.


So how are they? The breading is okay. It's flaky and reminds of KFC but not as flavorful. The chicken is kind of rubbery. They're far from the worst chicken tenders/strips/nuggets/wings I've had. They're just not particularly good. Now that I've satisfied my curiosity about them, I don't know if I'll order them again.



The Chicken Tenders come with barbecue sauce in a clear plastic cup with a lid. The strange thing is the BBQ sauce tastes exactly like the kind Carl's Jr. serves in standard packets with their Chicken Stars. So I don't know what purpose the cup with lid serves other than to class things up. Carl's Jr.'s BBQ sauce is a tangy and paste-like sauce. I don't really care for it but I'd rather have it than eat the Chicken Tenders dry.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

Interestingly enough I just had these too on friday and I had them at your school. It was an interesting day for me.

Anonymous said...

Have a DYNAMITE day my friend!.