Monday, November 15, 2010

Eckhardt, Sir

  • Entertaiment Tonight aired what amounts to a preview of a preview for the Green Lantern movie. We get some glimpses at Rynan Reynolds in costume, Kilowog and what might be the planet Oa. The full preview will air on the show on Tuesday.

  • For a genuine preview here's the trailer for Disney's new Winnie the Pooh movie. It looks like Pooh goes on a serious honey bender. Has Christopher Robin always been that British?

  • Director Darren Aronofsky revealed the title for the sequel for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It will be called The Wolverine. It would have been weird to just call it X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 seeing as how the origin has already been told. Calling it Wolverine 2 or simply Wolverine might have been best, because I can't recall him being refereed to with "the". I think maybe Aronofsky might be trying to follow a bit too closely in Nolan's footsteps.

  • Starz has picked up a live action series produced by Sam Raimi based on the anime Noir. I don't think anyone could have seen that coming. While Noir probably could translate into live action, who knows if it'll be made. Of the live action adaptations of anime that are announced only about one in twenty ever get made.

  • I spent some of my weekend watching Naruto Shipp┼źden for the first time in forever. I had let episodes of the Disney XD broadcast accumulate on my DVR for moths, so now I've been marathoning through several episodes. I liked finally returning to this world. The fight between Sakura and lady Chiyo against Akatsuki member Sasori was particularly good. I'm currently at the point when the new Team Kakashi is being formed. I already hate Sai.

  • Speaking of shonen series I watch, last night I was channel surfing when I caught Goku fighting Frieza on Nicktoons Network. When did they start airing new Dragonball Z Kai episodes? Why wasn't I told about this? Who's in charge here?

No comments: