Thursday, November 25, 2010

Philly Cheesesteak Burger

I've never had a genuine Philly cheese steal sandwich but I've always enjoyed the reasonable approximations that I've had. Not too long Carl's Jr. introduced a Philly Cheesesteak Burger which could be called an unreasonable approximation. They sell it in single, double, and Six Dollar burger varieties. I went with the single.


The inside is not pretty. You get two slice of cheese, Swiss and American. Between the cheese are onions, bell peppers and steak. And it's all piled on top of the hamburger patty. It's pretty messy.


This was the first thing I've eaten to review that I just flat out did not like. I suppose I wasn't too kind to Carl's chicken tenders, but they weren't that bad. The Philly Cheesesteak Burger I had a problem with. It was all just too much. And nothing in that conglomeration of ingredients really stood out. I sort of remember tasting the peppers. Mostly I just remember the thick moistness of the burger. It's like eating a used mop. I was hungry at the time so I did finish it, but one Philly Cheesesteak Burger was more than enough for me.

1 comment:

The Mandie Char Chars said...

I remember when I used to love the pre 2010 Carl's Philly Cheeseburger. I had hopes that when they brought it back that I would love it again. Now that burger is just going to be this whole dragon chasing thing.