Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pandorica Puzzle

There's a wave of Doctor Who figures coming where each figure will come with a piece of the Pandorica. Each wall of the Pandorica has a CD with half of an audio book story. I feel sort of unsure about this. I love the idea of a Pandorica toy. I think releasing one as a "Build-An-Accesory" is a clever idea. I can live with the Pandorica toy being a hollow box, without the interior. And I appreciate the extra effort of packing in the CDs as an extra bonus. But having the Pandorica as a glorified disc holder is a little underwhelming. The art on the CDs is not quite the same as having actual deco on the toy.


I'm pissing in the wind by complaining about this, since I'd still very much like to own it. Of course I probably never will either. The figures themselves are nice which is always a bonus with a "Build-A" series. There's a mix of reissues and new figures. My favorites are The Doctor with his fez and mop and the battle damaged Cyberman. It's probably too much to ask that the Cyberman's head be removable, but it's cool enough already. Toy News International has pictures of the entire wave.

No comments: