Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cold, Pointy & Logical

  • Shockwave from Transformers: Dark of the Moon was officially revealed at Yahoo movies. I'm not a fan of the movie Transformers that don't have Earth-based altmodes, but at least this is recognizably Shockwave. Underneath all that scraped metal, he is purple.

  • As part of Christopher Nolan's continuing goal of working with as limited a pool of actors as possible, Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have been cast in The Dark Knight Rises. And once again all the geek fueled speculation was for naught, as they won't be playing anyone from the Batman mythos. Cotillard will playing a Wayne Enterprises board member and Gordon-Levitt a Gotham City cop. Okay Cotillard might still end up actually being an incognito Talia Al Ghul.

  • I barely keep on top of video game news, so I learned of the existence of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City when I saw it featured on the cover of a magazine I saw for sale in a grocery store. As you can figure out by the title the game is a return to the setting of Resident Evil 2 and 3. RE:ORC (ever the acronym is long) is a squad based third-person shooter in which you play Umbrella soldiers carrying out missions that include killing Raccoon City's favorite son, Leon Kennedy. I look forward to its release and me not being able to play it.

  • Yet another anime that I never expected to get a continuation but is supposedly getting a continuation is Rurouni Kenshin. Just what the nature of this new Kenshin anime will be has yet to be announced. It seems to be part of a Kenshin 15th anniversary celebration in Japan which among other things include Blu-ray releases of the movie and OAV series. Fingers crossed that those eventually make it to North America.

  • Did anyone else watch The Office? Deangelo Vickers is the Scranton Strangler. I'm calling it now and if I end up being wrong I will eat this blog.

No comments: