Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's Already Mid-April.

Yeah, sorry for the lack of updates recently.
  • Nickelodeon held an event promoting the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series and invited some high profile fans. Ninja Pizza has an extensive write-up with details on the preview and some early prototypes presented by Playmates. While I do think the series sounds promising you know I'm more interested in the toys. Playmates is planning a line of super-articulated figures based on the original cartoon. This sounds like one of my dream lines, or it would be if they produce variants based on the original Playmates toys. But if they did that I'd just end up buying nearly every character twice. The toys for the new series actually sound pretty cool as well. Ninja Pizza has all the details.

  • In celebration of its tenth anniversary, the anime series s-CRY-ed is being re-edited into two "volumes", which I'm guessing means direct to video movies. As is common with these types of compilation movies, s-CRY-ed Alteration will feature newly animated scenes. I liked s-CRY-ed and even if it isn't all new material I'm surprised to see it revisited in any form.

  • While we're on the subject of anime from the early 2000s that are receiving long overdue follow-ups, here's the trailer for Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam.

  • Michael Shannon has been cast as General Zod in the upcoming Superman movie. He strike me as an odd choice for the role. He's not quite the Terrance Stamp type. Are we sure he's not playing Non? I would have preferred any villain from the comics to General Zod for the new movie. Except if it's Lex Luthor pulling a real estate scam. I think this is the first time I've written about the Superman movie since Zack Snyder was announced as the director. Just to recap Henry Cavill is playing Superman himself and Amy Adams has been cast as Lois Lane.

  • Hey Dude is coming to DVD. HEY DUDE IS COMING TO DVD. That is stunning. I remember I stopped liking Hey Dude once Ted left the show. Still if Hey Dude can be released then I hope Welcome Freshman isn't too far behind.

No comments: