Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dilatory Me

I did it again. An entire half a month went by without any updates. So I'm forcing myself to write something today. I can't promise it'll be interesting but it will be something.
  • One big bit of news that I didn't write about back when it happened, was the the specs for the Star Wars Blu-ray sets. There is a method to my idleness however. I couldn't get excited about the reveal since the Blu-ray sets don't include the unaltered theatrical editions. Part of me was hoping the bonus material would be enough to make me want the set, but that didn't really happen. I'm sure it's interesting stuff but I'm just as undecided as I was before. Enough of my whining, here are the specs.

  • Another Blu-ray set I'm interested in, but not entirely gung-ho about is Citizen Kane. Warner has yet to officially announce the set yet, but it's already up for pre-order on Amazon. It comes with a lot of stuff including a second movie, RKO-281. There's also an Amazon exclusive edition that includes The Magnificent Ambersons on DVD. I hope the final version includes a sled. It'd be as fun as it is revelatory.

  • Here's the trailer for Real Steel, a movie about competetive robot boxing. It's like a Rock 'Em Sock'Em Robots movie which I vaguely recall actually being in development at some point. Looks like Real Steel has beaten them to the punch. Get it? Thank you. I'm here all week.

  • Tomorrow is when Transformers: Dark of the Moon toys officially go on sale. Of course your mileage will vary on what your local store will have on the shelves, or whether they have anything at all. If you're lucky you've already found something since toy stockers aren't too good with street dates. Lushkwok of HK-TF.com has posted reviews of a great deal of the DotM toys. The reviews aren't in English but they do have plenty of pictures. And he was kind enough to share links to all of them in one place at the TFW2005 forum.

  • The Smallville series finale sucked. Okay it wasn't that bad in relation to the average Smallville episode, but for a series finale it was disappointing. Most of the episode was spent in the same fashion as the last ten years of Smallville, with the other characters, including both of his dead fathers, fruitlessly trying to convince Clark to do something. But this time Clark finally does something, which is carefully edited so we see as little of it as possible.

  • I saw that Tootsie Pops commercial with Mr. Turtle and Mr. Owl on TV today. It's nice to know they still air that. See this is why I hardly update. I got nothin'.

No comments: