Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Denny's Fried Cheese Melt


I made a rare trip to Denny's recently and while there I ordered one of their newer menu items. My affection for unusual takes on grilled cheese is well established, so I ordered Denny's Fried Cheese Melt. The Fried Cheese Melt is a grilled cheese sandwich with fried mozzarella sticks inside. The meal incldes a side of fries and, as part of Denny's dollar menu, sells for $4. Not a bad deal for cheesy goodness.


If you've eaten a grilled cheese sandwich and mozzarella sticks in the past, you can safely assume what the Fried Cheese Melt tastes like. There are two mozzarella sticks split across the two halves of the sandwich. The sandwich comes with a cup of marinara sauce, although I wouldn't have gotten one if I hadn't of reminded the server about it. The marinara sauce adds a different flavor and I like the different cheeses but it's really not very complicated. The novelty of it is less novel than I was hoping. Still it was a good grilled cheese sandwich. If I end up at Denny's again anytime soon I might order it again.

No comments: