- Aniplex of America has announced Blue Exorcist and Madoka Magica. I'm not familiar with Blue Exorcist but Madoka has a lot of hype. It's apparently an unusually dark magical girl show.
- Nozomi Entertainment announced a bunch of former ADV tites; the original Dirty Pair OVAs, Dirty Pair Flash, Dirty Pair Project Eden, Garasaki and the Nadesico TV series, movie and Gekigengar OVA which is new to North America. I already have ADV's release of Nadesico I'm hoping Nozomi makes Gekigengar available separately.
- Viz announced a few movies: Pokemon: Zoroark Master of Illusions, a Naruto Shippuden: Bonds and Bleach: Fade to Black. More Pokemon, Naruto and Bleach, way to expand your horizons Viz. Okay so Viz also acquired Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, a movie based on the series of Nintendo DS games.
- Bandai Entertainment announced a new title in Sacred Seven but my favorite bit of news is that The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya finally has a release date of September 20th with a Blu-ray release also being confirmed. Another title Bandai announced awhile ago is Turn A Gundam which still doesn't have a release date but they did say it was coming in the Fall. I also might bite on Bandai Entertainment's DVD release of Gundam UC on account of Bandai Visual's Blu-ray versions being so dang pricey.
- Not specifically AX related but somehow I don't think I've written about Gundam AGE. AGE is the newest TV series in the Gundam franchise and it looks particularly unusual. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It has a retro design style which I like, and seems to be aimed at a younger audience which could go either way. It's a Gundam show so I'll be giving it a shot.
- A couple of observations after watching [adult swim] tonight: I'm still trying to figure out what Durarara is about but I'm not not enjoying it. And a discovery about Bleach: Sosuke Aizen is a dick.
Sunday, July 3, 2011
Anime Expo: Now with 100% Less Me
Anime Expo is going on right now and for the first time in a couple of years I'm not attending. While I wish I could go it's doesn't feel bad to take a break. (That's right Anthony, hold back the tears.) Here's some licensing news from the convention and hopefully someone will share a first person perspective later.