Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer's End

  • The premiere of Evangelion 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance on Japanese television was followed by a preview for the third movie in the Rebuild of Evangelion series. Evangelion 3.0 Q [Quickening] has been announced for a Fall 2012 release, and that's the Japanese theatrical release we're talking about. So we're looking at 2013 for the North American home video release, if we're lucky. Check out the preview to see a glimpse of Asuka piloting her Eva in a surprising new environment. My guess is it's a crazy re-imagining of the battle against Arael.

  • And here's a trailer for the upcoming Gundam AGE series. There's also some commercials for model kits, lest we forget Gundam's true purpose.

  • Mike Toole has an article up at Anime News Network that really hit close to home for me. It's about the increasing difficulty of trying to collect certain anime titles on DVD. It's really one of those "I think this was created just for me in mind" moments you sometimes enjoy on the internet. But in fact I'm clearly noit alone out there,judging by the multiple pages of reactions to this article on ANN's message board.

  • I'm not quite in a Halloween mood yet myself but I've noticed that Halloween stuff has started to creep into stores. I suppose that is the true sign that Summer drawing to a close. I saw this collection of Jack O'Lantern pails at a KMart.

No comments: