Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hover Boards and Borrowers

  • Comic-Con badges went on sale on Saturday. It was surprisingly easy this time, although I know there are some angry folks out there disagree. I didn't try to click the what ended up being a faulty link in the e-mail. I just went to the webpage directly. See kids, sometimes it does pay to completely ignore the proper instructions you've been given. I am sorry I didn't have the incredible sense of accomplishment that I had when I bought last year's badges. This year I just went back to bed.

  • Somehow I completely forgot to mention this back around Toy Fair, but Mattel is making a replica of the Hover Board from Back to the Future II. It doesn't hover but it does do a lot of other stuff. It is still a work in progress The Hover Board won't be out until late in the year but it's already up for pre-order on MattyCollector.Com. If it doesn't get enough preorders than it won't go into production but I don't see that being an issue. Pre-orders will close on March 20th. There may be a few Hover Boards available on the release date but it will cost more and you'll miss out on the pre-order bonus of a smaller Hover Board scaled for six inch action figures. I don't know if I could plunk down $120 plus shipping for something that's still so far off, or for something hasn't even been finalized. For what it's worth Mattel's prop replicas for Ghostbusters really exceeded expectations.

  • Big Bad Toy Store has Mattel's The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters up for preorder. The listings give away two of the three unrevealed figures. They are Alfred and Blake who is Joseph Gordon Levitt's character. They join Batman, Bane, Catwoman and the sixth secret figure. So I guess Levitt's character is pretty important if he's getting an action figure.

  • Disney's Blu-ray release of The Secret World of Arrietty is will have both the American English dub and the British English dubs and of course the original Japanese dub. Yes it was dubbed in English twice for different regions. I was interested in the British dub and I'm glad it hasn't been excluded. It doesn't have a release date yet but it is up on Amazon already. I hope that when it does come out it's accompanied by some other Ghibli films on Blu-ray.

  • A season set for Adventure Time is in the works. There's already been two single disc compilations released. I would have figured that was all Cartoon Network was going to offer for the series. Heck I was impressed that they released two DVDs. Really glad I've been proven wrong on this.

No comments: