Sunday, June 24, 2012

Comic-Con 2012 Exclusive News

  • Hasbro has revealed their 2012 San Diego Comic-Con exclusives, some of which we knew about like the Star Wars Carbonite Chamber set. I think the teaction to it has been underwhelming but it's a huge improvement over last year's Death Star set of nothing but repacked figures.

    Hasbro will have a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier that is a foot longer than the one that will be available at retail later this year. It also comes with an exclusive Maria Hill figure. If I were getting the Helicarrier than this would definitely be the version I'd want.

    Similarly, the Comic-Con exclusive Transformers Fall of Cybertron Combaticons is based on the actual game and I don't know what the retail versions will be based on. I'm not buying Bruticus but if I were I'd go for the Con exclusive or the rumored G2 redeco. I had a G2 Blast Off as a kid. I love bright purple camouflage.

  • Shout Factory will have an exclsuive Power Rangers set for sale at Comic-Con, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Complete Series. This set is also available in the bundle being sold by Time Life. The Time Life collection includes the first seven seasons of Power Rangers, from Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy and an action figure of the Mighty Morphin Red Ranger wearing the Dragon shield. Shout Factory's Comic-Con exclsuive contains only the three seasons of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

  • Speaking of Power Rangers, the next incarnation of the series will be Power Rangers Megaforce an adaptation of Tensou Sentai Goseiger. I've never seen Goseiger but nothing about it has ever grabbed me and there didn't seem to be much positive buzz for the series. I'm still holding out for some cool news concerning Power Rangers' 20th Anniversary ceelebration next year.

  • The original Blade and Blade Trinity were released on Blu-ray disc in the U.S. on June 19th. Blade II on the other hand isn't coming out until July 10th. I thought it was odd that one movie in the trilogy was being held back for a month. Now comes word that there will be Blade II will have an exclsuive edition at Comic-Con. Gentle Giant will be selling Blade II on Blu-ray packaged with a mini-bust of the Reaper. I mean it's still odd that there will be a Comic-Con exclsive for a ten year old movie, but at least this is odd in a good way.

  • Amazon has updated the image for the 30th Anniversary Blade Runner Blu-ray. It looks a lot more interesting than the previous image. The new picture also reveals a "Spinner" replica that comes packaged inside. Could it be the same one that came in the 2007 briefcase set? The Spinner pack-in somewhat explains the $65 price tage for the 30th Anniversary set.

  • It looks like K-Mart will have an exclusive Amazing Spider-Man three-pack. I'm not too interested in the Spidey or Green Goblin figure but I like the redeco of Stretch Strike Venom as Anti-Venom. It's not quite accurate but I like it a whole lot more than Stretch Strike Venom's original deco.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

That Spinner replica looks a little different and bigger than the one that came in my briefcase set. Compare it to the picture I took for amazon: http://bit.ly/LMrEIZ